Friday, December 12, 2008

Love Letters to the King


They were waiting for me, my Lord.

Never have I been so aware of your absence until I was in their presence.

They lay silent in our garden and set traps to ensnare me. I came looking for you, but was instead met with the ones who hate you the most.

They encircled me in our beloved garden. I fought to get away and the torn hem of my skirt and bruise of my cheek speaks of the struggle that ensued.

Breaking away, I ran. My screams matched the panicked beating of my heart.

They were close behind. I could feel the heat of their pursuit on the back of my neck. I turned to find them and in doing so missed you.

You heard my cries and rushed to my aide.

Your arm captured my body and lifted me to safety behind you. Your sword, drawn, met theirs with such intensity that the clash of metal hurt my ears.

I cowered in your shadow. Covering my ears, tears were left to stream down my face and drip onto my knees.

Your sword was swift and followed by the thuds of unmoving flesh. The stench of sweat, blood and defeat filled the air.

The defeat was theirs.

I did not open my eyes until I felt your arms encompass me and lift me from the ground. I buried my face into your neck as you carried me to our sanctuary.

You washed my wounds and dried my brow. Kissing my forehead, you took me in your arms and held me tight.

Forever will you be my strength, my protector, my King.

Love,
Your enraptured servant.

I pray that you know and trust the one who loves, honors and protects you.

“A King’s rage is like the roar of a lion, but his favor is like dew on the grass.” (Prov 19:12 NIV)

12 comments:

Carol said...

Hello Friend!
So glad your visited my blog & left a comment! Your post today is very powerful! Thanks for sharing your gift!
Blessings,
Carol

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Hi Spring!

Loved this letter. Oh, how many times have we all felt overtaken by the ones who hate God. And then to just feel then strength of his shadow, beautiful!

Sonya

Shanita Waters said...

Thank God it's Friday! We get to read another beautiful Love Letter to the King. I'm telling you - these are absolutely awesome. I love it.

I Thank God that He's always there to protect us and if He be for us, He is greater than the world against us. I thank God for providing a safe hiding place for us to rest in Him.

Blessings
Shanita

Krista said...

It's as if you reach in and shake the secret part of me that passionately pursues only fantasy, and say, "Jesus has something for you, too!" Thanks again, I'm starting to look forward to this!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's very good writing.

Melanie said...

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the angels are separate and freestanding from the plate holder. Both the angels and the scrolled sconces came from Home Interiors. My friend, Alisa @ Colors of CHRISTmas, is a Home Interiors displayer. She also has her own decorating business.
Also, my daughter is very interested in writing a song to accompany your LOVE LETTERS...I told her how poetic you are so I think you and she will be a good fit!
She'll be in touch. :)

Lady in Waiting said...

Omg!!! I love that! There have been so many times that I just feel so overwhelmed by those who would seek to control my life...and yet once I call on his name I am saved over and over again...He never fails, even when I do. Oh so beautiful!!

BTW I love Carol of the Bells on there too! We are actually singing it for our Christmas concert at school which makes me so happy...but their version is just so amazing!

sailorcross said...

Spring,

I'm not going to leave you a long comment here about why--just know that what you have written has touched my heart and my soul.

The struggles, the hurts, the pain, the tears--and God is there for me, for you, for each of us--to guide us, protect us, love us, strengthen us, pick us up when we fall.

Thank you for touching me today with your words.

Beth

Kelly said...

I'm so thankful to be a daughter of the King. guess that makes us sister? So glad God is there to lift us up.

Joyfulsister said...

I was visiting new blogs and came across your today.
This was such a great reading and such depth as I read your words. Thank you for sharing this post today and I'm glad I found my way here to read it.

Aloha and Blessings Lorie

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving such encouraging comments. Enjoyed your post.

Blessings.

Kathy Schwanke said...

I am so excited to finally get to meet you more personally!(see a photo!)

Your writing just amazes me. How vivid are your descriptions!

Lovely.